The Rest is situated at:
Digmire Lane, Thorpe, Derbyshire, DE6 2AW
Directions from Ashbourne, the South and East of England
- Drive through Ashbourne and follow signs to the A515 Buxton. This route takes you up a steep hill driving out of Ashbourne. You come down the other side to see spectacular views of the Dovedales.
- Stay on the A515 for a couple of miles. You will see a sign to Thorpe on your left handside. Turn left here into Spend Lane
- Follow this lane for a mile until you will come to a tight left bend with The Old Dog pub on the corner.
- Bear left around the pub onto Wintercroft Lane and follow the lane as it winds through Thorpe village.
- Just before you come out of Thorpe the last left turn is Digmire Lane, opposite the 20 minute stay car park, the Rest will be found directly in front of you. Drive just past the cottage and the driveway is on the side of the property facing Wintercroft Lane.
Directions from Buxton, the North and West of Ashbourne
- From the North join the A515 to Ashbourne from either Bakewell or Buxton.
- Three miles before you arrive in Ashbourne there is a sign on your left to Thorpe and Ilam, opposite the entrance to Tissington and just before the Bluebell Pub.
- Bear right here onto Washbrook Lane. Follow the lane for a mile and it will take you to The Old Dog Pub. You go straight across keeping the pub on your left heading towards Thorpe Village
- You are now on Wintercroft Lane and follow the lane as it winds through Thorpe village.
- Just before you come out of Thorpe, the last left turn is Digmire Lane, opposite the 20 minute stay car park. The Rest will be found directly in front of you. Drive just passed the cottage and the driveway is on the side of the property facing Wintercroft Lane.
NOTE: if using SatNav it will more than likely lead you to the village church, which is at the other end of Digmire Lane to The Rest. So please follow the written instructions above and look at the gallery photos for guidance on finding the cottage.